Sunday, August 9, 2009

Blog transition

Up until this point, I have used my blog as a space to share my essays, but after consulting a few blogophiles, I've decide to use the blog in a more traditional way as well. That is, I'll try to post my musing here at least once a week. The whole concept of musing-posts makes me shake my head and roll my eyes a bit, I must admit. Sort of the 21st century equivalent of "Pam was here" graffiti. How does this make the world a better place? It's like that gold LP that is floating somewhere in space full of train noise, Chuck Berry and Bach. A lick and a prayer sort of endeavor.

But, then again, I'm a 'lick and a prayer' sort of gal, so the shoe seems to fit.

I've just finished up a run of "Pinocchio" with PaintBox Theatre. I've been working six days a week for the last two weeks. Very physical work with lots of running around, typing people up, chase scenes, lifting heavy sets, and lightning quick costume changes. It was a BLAST! I worked with some wonderful people. We laughed a lot. I learned a lot. I performed a lot. Performing every day for four days in a row was just my cup of tea. Now it's just back to the "Pam Show," in which I star naturally. However, the audience is small and unappreciative. And they hardly ever applaud.

Don't you think the definition of low self-esteem would be someone who feels like they play only a walk-on role in their own show?


1 comment:

  1. Spam - I applaud you - the humor, the courage, the humanity. Thanks for making me smile on a regular basis. I can't wait to take you out for tea and hear the first date story as only you can tell it. xoxoxox, Bubbles from Somerville

    ReplyDelete